Since the Supreme People’s Court Monitor began, Monitor blogposts have been used as a resource in government reports, as well as in reports or articles and books by think tanks, legal professionals, professors, and students in different parts of the world.
If you have cited Susan or the Supreme People’s Monitor in your work, please add to this list by using the comment function or email. (The list excludes citations to her 1989 article on the Administrative Litigation (Procedure) Law and her original article on the Supreme People’s Court. A partial list follows below:
- 2014 Report of the Congressional-Executive Commission on China, http://www.cecc.gov/sites/chinacommission.house.gov/files/documents/AR14A2J.pdf
- 2015 Report of the Congressional-Executive Commission on China, http://www.cecc.gov/sites/chinacommission.house.gov/files/2015%20Annual%20Report.pdf
- China’s Environmental Protection Law: A Review, http://www.asiaglobalinstitute.hku.hk/en/chinas-environmental-protection-law-review/pdf/
- Susan Trevaskes, Creative Death Penalty Reform in China: The Case of Drug Transportation, Law & Policy, Volume 38, Issue 2, pages 143–161, April 2016
- Susan Trevaskes and Elisa Nesossi. Chapter 6: The Sword of Discipline and the Dagger of Justice, http://www.thechinastory.org/yearbooks/yearbook-2014/chapter-6-the-sword-of-discipline-and-the-dagger-of-justice/
- Judge Judith Gibson, Social Media and the Electronic “New World” of Judges, International Journal of Court Administration, 2016, http://www.iacajournal.org/articles/abstract/10.18352/ijca.199/
- Jonathan Josef Kinkel, High-End Demand: Markets for Legal Services and Pressure for Judicial Autonomy in Urban China (doctoral dissertation), https://repositories.lib.utexas.edu/bitstream/handle/2152/31450/KINKEL-DISSERTATION-2015.pdf?sequence=1
- Randall Peerenboom, The Future of Legal Reforms in China: A Critical Appraisal of the Decision on Comprehensively Deepening Reform, http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2379161
- Renu Rana, China’s Information Disclosure Initiative
Assessing the Reforms, China Report, http://chr.sagepub.com/content/51/2/129.refs?patientinform-links=yes&legid=spchr;51/2/129
- Andrew Scott, RECENT POLITICAL AND LEGAL EFFORTS TO REFORM TRADE SECRET LAW IN CHINA, https://cbatipsforalawstudent.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/political-and-legal-reform-in-china.pdf
- Angela Huyue Zhang, Taming the Chinese Leviathan: Is Antitrust Regulation a False Hope?, Stanford Journal of International Law, 51 Stan. J Int’l L. 195, https://litigation-essentials.lexisnexis.com/webcd/app?action=DocumentDisplay&crawlid=1&doctype=cite&docid=51+Stan.+J+Int%27l+L.+195&srctype=smi&srcid=3B15&key=73cdbf3b40630259c81f6625aa2dc670
- John M.L. Gibb-Carsley, DEALING WITH THE DRAGON: WHAT SAFEGUARDS ARE REQUIRED TO MAKE AN EXTRADITION TREATY BETWEEN CANADA AND THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA CONFORM TO CANADIAN EXTRADITION LAW?, https://open.library.ubc.ca/cIRcle/collections/ubctheses/24/items/1.0221363
- John Garrick & Yan Chang Bennett, China’s Socialist Rule of Law Reforms Under Xi Jinping (book), Routledge, 2016
- Cecily Baskir, Ma Liqun, & Li Ao, Chinese Clinical Legal Education: Globalizing and Localizing, Clinical Legal Education in Asia: Accessing Justice for the Underprivileged (book), ed. Shuvro Sharker, 2015
- Surya Deva, Preface, Socio-Economic Rights in Emerging Free Markets: Comparative Insights from India and China, ed. Surya Deva, 2015
- Report of Special Committee of China Affairs, 2014, Hong Kong Bar Association, http://hkba.org/whatsnew/chairman-corner/annual-statement/2014-2015/SC%20on%20Greater%20China%20Affairs%202014%20(e).pdf
- Jean MITTELSTAEDT, Jean Mittelstaedt on Jerome A. Cohen, “A Looming Crisis for China’s Legal System: Talented Judges and Lawyers are Leaving the Profession, as Ideology Continues to Trump the Rule of Law” http://lcbackerblog.blogspot.hk/2016/02/jean-mittelstaedt-on-jerome-cohen.html
- John Garrick and Yan Chang Bennett, UUMJLS 01/2015; 6(1):1-12.
- Anna High, Combating Domestic Violence in China,
Problems, Progress and Prospects, Pandora’s Box, journal of the Justice & the Law Society of the Queensland Law Society, https://chinaspc.files.wordpress.com/2019/11/d2ae6-31ab3-pandora27sbox2014.pdf
- Randall Peerenboom, The Battle Over Legal Reforms in China: Has There Been a Turn Against Law?, The Chinese Journal of Comparative Law, http://cjcl.oxfordjournals.org/content/2/2/188.full
- Mahalakshmi Ganapathy, Paving the path for Rule of law in China – reform or empty rhetoric?, http://www.orfonline.org/research/paving-the-path-for-rule-of-law-in-china-reform-or-empty-rhetoric/
- Daniel Rosen, Avoiding the Blind Alley, An Asia Society Policy Institute Report, 2014http://rhg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/AvoidingBlindAlley_ExecutiveSummary.pdf
- Fu Hualing, Building Judicial Integrity in China, http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2684603
- Knut Benjamin Pissler, Höchstrichterliche Interpretationen als Mittel der Rechtsfortbildung in China (The Role of the Supreme People’s Court in Law-Making by Means of Judicial Interpretations in the People’s Republic of China), http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/Papers.cfm?abstract_id=2700774
- China’s Court Provide RMB 340 Million in Living Assistance to Those Who Cannot Enforce Judgments, http://www.aaronhalegua.com/new-blog/2016/3/20/vxs3qk2k9wakt6r9k9dj95cml6bwkk
- Note, Chinese Common Law? Guiding Cases and Judicial Reform, http://harvardlawreview.org/2016/06/chinese-common-law-guiding-cases-and-judicial-reform/
- Placing Power in the Cage of Law: Judicial Independence in China, Capital University Law Review, Vol. 44, No. 2, 2016, https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2776040
China’s Socialist Rule of Law Reforms Under Xi Jinping
- Renu Rana,China’s Information Disclosure Initiative: Assessing the Reforms, China Report, May, 2015 http://chr.sagepub.com/content/51/2/129.refs
- Surya Deva, Socio-Economic Rights in India and China: Time for Academic Engagement between the Two Economic Giants, Socio-Economic Rights in Emerging Free Markets: Comparative Insights from India and China, 2016 (Surya Deva, ed.)
- Zhang Xianchu, The New Round of Civil Law Codification in China, University of Bologna Law Review, [VOL.1:1 2016]
- Vivienne Bath, Overlapping Jurisdictions and the Resolution of Disputes before Chinese and Foreign Courts. In Andrea Bonomi, Gian Paolo Romano (Eds.), Yearbook of Private International Law: Volume XVII – 2015/2016, (pp. 111-150). Germany: Verlag Dr. Otto Schmidt KG.
- Aaron Halegua, Who Will Represent China’s Workers, US Asia Law Institute Report, supported by the Ford Foundation, https://chinaspc.files.wordpress.com/2019/11/3e688-cf6ae-haleguawhowillrepresentchina.pdf’s+Workers%3F+(2016).pdf
- Jerome Cohen and David Wertime, A Crack of Daylight Enters Chinese Court Proceedings, 12 October 2016, https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/10/12/a-crack-of-daylight-enters-chinese-court-proceedings-live-streaming-transparency-reform-doubts/
- Daniel Salisbury & Christopher Hobbs, Centers of Excellence in East Asia:Encouraging Collaborative Approaches to Nuclear Security, Policy Analysis Brief (Stanley Foundation), October, 2015.
- George Conk, Claims for Governmental Abuse Strengthened by China Supreme Court and Top Prosecutor, 23 May 2016, http://tortstoday.blogspot.hk/2016/05/claims-for-governmental-abuse.html
- China – the law of uneven development and the Supreme People’s Court, Otherwise, 2 August 2016, http://blackstonetoday.blogspot.hk/2016/08/china-law-of-uneven-development-and.html
- Which Chinese cases are most persuasive, 16 September 2016, https://blackstonetoday.blogspot.hk/2016/09/which-chinese-cases-are-most-persuasive.html (“The indispensable Susan Finder”)
- Brian Love, Christian Helmers, Markus Eberhardt, Patent Litigation in China: Protecting Rights or the Local Economy? Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment & Technology Law, Vol. 18, p. 713, 2016, https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2737034
- Ann E. Rutledge, Who Will Take the Lead in Shaping China’s Securitisation Market Model? SWIFT Institute Working Paper No. 2014-003, https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2665975
- Larry Becker, Between the Judge and the Law — Judicial Independence and Authority with Chinese Characteristics, essay first presented at the 11th Annual
Conference of the European China Law Studies Association, https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2838035
- Jean Christopher Mittelstaedt, Re-Uniting What Belongs Together: A Holistic Understanding of Chinese Law, Prepared for the ECLS Annual Conference September 21-23, 2016, https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2841217
- Bjoern Ahl, The Politicization of the Chinese National Judicial Examination (2007-2012), forthcoming, Modern China, https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2872473
- Anthony Li, Centralisation of Power in the Pursuit of Law-based Governance, China Perpectives, #2, 2016, 63-68.
- Cynthia Estlund, A New Deal for Chinese Workers? Harvard University Press, 2017, 248
- Cecily Baskir, Mo Liqun, and Li Ao, Chinese Clinical Education: Globalizing and Localizing, Clinical Legal Education in Asia: Accessing Justice for the Underprivileged, edited Shuvro Prosun Sarker, Palgrave: 2016, 51.
- June Teufel Dreyer, China’s Political System (Ninth Edition), 2015)
- Jamie Horsley, Will Engaging China Promote Good Governance? Brookings Institution, 2017.
- Max Goldberg, Enclave of Ingenuity: The Plan & Promise of the Beijing Intellectual Property Court, https://elischolar.library.yale.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1005&context=ceas_student_work, 2017
- Gao Fengping, China’s Guiding Cases System as the Instrument to Improve China’s Case Guidance System, which Includes Both Guiding Cases and Typical Cases, International Journal of Legal Information, https://doi.org/10.1017/jli.2017.52, 2017
- Danny Friedmann, Oscillating from Safe Harbor to Liability: China’s IP Regulation and Omniscient Intermediaries, WORLD INTERMEDIARY LIABILITY MAP, MAPPING INTERMEDIARY LIABILITY TRENDS ONLINE, Oxford University Press, forthcoming, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316991001_Oscillating_from_Safe_Harbor_to_Liability_China’s_IP_Regulation_and_Omniscient_Intermediaries
- “Between the Judge and the Law: Larry Backer, Judicial Independence and Authority With Chinese Characteristics, 33Connecticut Journal of International Law (1):1-41 (2017